Mines are a new defensive technology added in Entrenchment. The best way and pretty much the only way to get rid of mines is with a Scout Frigate. As long as a scout frigate is near a mine it will allow other ships to target and destroy them. The Vasari gained a unique dedicated Minelayer Cruiser, the Sivuskras Ruiner.
There is no practical way to remove mines, even after occupying a planet. For some reason it never occurred to Stardock to include Mine Sweepers or to allow the option to disable mines from within the game, something the fan community has suggested from day one.
- Main article: Proximity Mine Field
- Main article: Homing Mines
- Main article: Explosive Mines
- Main article: Gravity Mines
- Main article: Sivuskras Ruiner