The patch was released on February 17, 2010 and is only available for the Diplomacy expansion.
This patch includes tweaks the behavior of pirates, improves diplomatic relations handling and provides dozens of small game balancing changes based on player suggestions.
- Pirates will now prefer planets with two or more structures (rather than Dead Asteroids and the like).
- Pirates will always try their best to nuke a planet before leaving. It's the only way to be sure (we had to give them something).
- Initial Pirate raids are now less powerful.
- Pirate Gauss Guns are now less powerful.
- Experience for killing Pirate ships has gone down.
- The Pirates now have a unique armor type that will allow them to take less damage from all weapon types.
- Pirates will now upgrade themselves more evenly instead of spending all of their credits on just one area.
- When on a player mission, the Pirates will no longer stop at the first target owned planet they come across. When on a raid, the Pirates will try to stop at a sufficiently occupied planet (i.e., tastier targets are higher priority).
- AI players will offer Pacts regardless of their feelings towards the player, as long as the other relationship requirements are met.
- Relationship penalties have been changed to make them more stable.
- Lowered the rate at which AI players gain diplomatic points.
- Lowered the rate at which the AI relationship bonus increases.
- The various AI difficulties will now gain the AI relationship bonus at different rates.
- Lowered the cooldown on Diplomatic Immunity by 30 seconds.
- You should now be able to target any ally in a free-for-all match for Pirate/regular missions and for Pirate bounty (allows for colorful backstabbing).
- Locked team games will no longer have a Diplomatic Victory option.
- AI players are now more likely to send Pirate missions.
- Military Actions now have a negative cap of -20.
- The quick bounty button will now let you increase the bounty on allies, but will prefer non-allies if any exist.
- Fixed a text placement issue on the Game Over screen.
- Relationship displays can now be negative.
- Added a data value to game constants to set the number of modules Pirates look for when stopping to attack.
- Fixed an old bug that resulted in AI players offering alliances more often than they should.
- Fixed an issue with some autocast use times.
- Fixed an issue where certain Pacts were not functioning properly (most notably the Supply Pact).
- Fixed a possible crash within the mission system.
- Fixed a bug that might cause the AI to not offer Pirate Missions.